Office file interoperability:
- Easily generate office documents for reporting, decision making, and presentations.
- Read, create, and update spreadsheets using the new CFSPREADSHEET tag.
- Programmatically generate PDF files from Microsoft PowerPoint and Word files.
- Dynamically produce presentations in HTML or SWF from PowerPoint presentations directly on the server.
ColdFusion as a Service:
- Leverage the power of ColdFusion enterprise services via AMF or SOAP without writing a single line of CFML.
- These services include CFCHART, CFDOCUMENT, CFIMAGE, CFMAIL, CFPDF, and CFPOP.
- Additionally, make your application more secure by sandboxing these services to prevent access by unknown applications.
Tight integration with ColdFusion Builder:
- Leverage the power of Adobe ColdFusion Builder software, a highly customizable, Eclipse based IDE that enables developers to build ColdFusion applications faster than ever before.
Adobe AIR local/remote database synchronization:
- Offer users applications with online/offline capability featuring reliable data management.
- Using SQLLite in the client and ORM on the server, ColdFusion 9 manages conflict resolution and data synchronization between the client and server when your application comes back online.
- Build database-independent applications using object-relational mapping (ORM) based on the open source Hibernate library.
- Save time and manage database logic and connectivity without writing any SQL.
- Use the ORM Application Wizard in ColdFusion Builder to generate ColdFusion components (CFCs) for logic and connectivity without writing a single line of code.
New Ajax controls:
- Build more compelling and intuitive applications with a broader set of Ajax controls that leverage the new Ext JS 3.0 library via CFML tags and attributes.
- New controls include mapping, multimedia player, multifile upload, accordion navigation, progress indicator, confirmations, alerts, buttons, and sliders.
Microsoft Office SharePoint integration:
- Expose data from Microsoft Office SharePoint web services to a ColdFusion application with the new CFSHAREPOINT tag.
- Additionally, use the single sign-on capability in SharePoint to display a ColdFusion application as a web part within a SharePoint site without requiring users to reenter their credentials.
- Save time by simultaneously performing administrative tasks across multiple servers from one central console.
- You can create data sources, schedule tasks, apply hot fixes, clear caches, and compare settings across a cluster of ColdFusion servers.
Enhanced Adobe Flash Platform integration:
- Take advantage of faster Flash Remoting to increase application performance.
- Use ColdFusion as a Service to speed up RIA development by easily accessing many existing enterprise services via AMF without writing a single line of CFML.
Built-in support for portlet standards:
- Expose virtually all enterprise applications, including ColdFusion applications, in one integrated portal.
- ColdFusion 9 allows you to define a ColdFusion component as a portlet.
- This includes support for Java Portlet Specifications JSR 168 and JSR 286.