Automating professional design:
- The benefits of automated publishing should not come with creative compromises.
- Publishers today want to take advantage of everything automation has to offer: lower production costs, more personalized and effective marketing, the ability to easily generate multiple print and digital variations of a publication, and the ability to generate new revenue streams from new distribution channels, such as eBooks, from within their existing businesses.
- With solutions powered by InDesign Server, you can implement automated processes while still maintaining a consistently high level of quality in your finished products.
Robust, flexible, and scalable solution:
- InDesign Server provides all the capabilities of InDesign CS5.5 in a server-based environment.
- With InDesign Server, third-party or in-house development teams can build solutions that combine professional design, layout, and typographic capabilities with the power of server-driven automation.
- Solutions based on InDesign Server can eliminate the repetitive tasks associated with traditional publishing, freeing up creative resources to work on more important projects.
Moving from desktop to server:
- As a publishing engine, InDesign Server does not include a built-in user interface, allowing you to tailor an interface to your specific needs using Flex, the Adobe AIR runtime, ActionScript, or HTML.
- InDesign Server offers a rich development environment, including additional support for Java and SOAP.
- Rigorously tested to deliver long periods of continuous uptime on Mac and Windows servers, it can also scale as your requirements grow, with the ability to add multiple instances on multiple CPUs.
Building a solution or buying from a developer:
- With InDesign Server, you can choose how to best arrive at a solution ideally customized and suited for your needs.
- If you have development experience with the InDesign desktop version, an in-house solution can give you complete control.
- Or you can choose from many third-party developers who have experience creating and deploying automated publishing solutions with InDesign Server.
- One-to-one marketing enables publishers to create compelling content that speaks directly to an individual rather than a broad group, with customized iterations of a publication for every individual customer.
- These differences can range from changing text and images on a page to building entirely unique documents.
- Where traditional personalized marketing has often lacked the design and production values of a publication created by hand, InDesign Server enables marketers to automate professional design and layout, creating engaging communications that result in more effective promotions and a more intimate relationship with customers.
- Retailers and catalog companies are under pressure to produce catalogs that are more up to date and better targeted to specific customers or opportunities.
- Catalog creation solutions enable them to automate the production of professionally designed catalogs.
- These solutions can either be inexpensive standalone applications driven by spreadsheets or part of a broad and robust content management system, personal information management tools, or a catalog management system.
- InDesign Server can dramatically decrease the time needed to produce professionally designed catalogs, without requiring the deployment of additional creative resources.
Brochure and collateral creation:
- Web-to-print solutions provide a more flexible workflow for producing and making changes to marketing mate