Parallel collaborative workflow:
- Experience tight integration with InDesign CS6 to enable writers, editors, and designers to simultaneously work on a single document without overwriting each other's contributions.
Flexible page views:
- Edit in the view most suited to your current task. Galley View displays 100% accurate line breaks. Story View enables faster word processing. And Layout View lets you edit text in relation to design.
- View copyfit information as you work. Constant visual feedback informs you of space remaining - or how far you're overset - as well as story depth and line, word, and character counts.
Powerful tools for editorial productivity:
- Use the Eyedropper tool for quick text styling, the Links panel for easy management of placed image and text files, and paragraph and character styles for typographical consistency.
Enhanced editorial collaboration:
- Track text changes across your entire document, including tables. Hide, show, and navigate changes, and accept or reject them en masse or per user. Store annotations in notes tied to specific positions in a story or table cells.
- Work productively with easy access to key controls and tools. Use the Adobe Mini Bridge panel to browse and open files without leaving InCopy. And create custom workspaces that can be used for specific editorial tasks.
- Apply a wide range of precise typographic adjustments such as leading, letter spacing, and paragraph spacing; use OpenType fonts and Unicode character encoding; and easily insert glyphs using the Glyphs panel.
Support for long documents:
- Minimize manual updates and inaccuracies. Quickly produce multiple versions of a document from a single source file with support for conditional text, and create cross-references that update as content changes or moves within an InDesign document.
Print and digital publishing:
- Develop and deliver content for both print and digital documents. Experience support for digital document features in InDesign CS5.5, insert hyperlinks directly into your InCopy file, and export files to Adobe PDF or XML.
Paragraphs that split columns:
- Quickly turn any text selection into multiple columns within an existing text frame.
Paragraphs that span columns:
- Cut production time with a simple click that makes single-column text span multiple columns. Quickly create a column-spanning headline or subhead in your existing text frame - no need to ask the designer to create a dedicated frame.
- Hide or lock obscuring layout elements to easily access the text in a multilayered document.
- Manage placed files in your InCopy documents and see metadata including keywords, headline, and description.
- Avoid the inconvenience of missing fonts. When you open an InCopy story, InCopy CS5.5 automatically looks for an associated Document fonts folder, installs the folder's fonts temporarily for use in the story, and then uninstalls the fonts when you close the story.
- Access more than 100 open source language and hyphenation dictionaries, allowing you to spell-check and compose text in more languages than ever before.
Recently used fonts:
- Access fonts you use frequently. Recently used fonts appear at the top of the font list.
- Use the world-ready composer, an alternate composition